IDENTIFICATION and AUTHENTICATION Solutions for Solar Panels
Theft of solar panels is a concern in South Africa. Solar panels are valuable and easily transportable, making them a target for thieves. Combining multiple security measures and technologies can provide a layered defense against solar panel theft. DataDot Technology SA has the solution.
- The purpose of Microdotting the solar equipment, is to add an additional layer of security for criminals to think twice about stealing the equipment.
- Secondly, once the criminal has been found, by Police, in possession of the Solar equipment, the Police will scope the Microdots off the asset in possession by the criminal and thereafter request for the relevant information pertaining to that microdot from us as the Manufacturer.
- We will then be able to provide them with the details of the original ownership of that specific asset.
- In addition to the aforementioned, as a financier, I would prefer to be able to identify all assets, which I am financing, so as not to suffer a loss in the event that original ownership cannot be determined.
- By making use of Microdot Technology, all assets will be able to be identified and returned to their rightful owner/s and simultaneously ensuring a successful prosecution of the criminal.
- The cost of the Microdot Technology per household will vary dependent on the amount of assets required to be fitted with Microdot Technology.
- Specific parts are also marked with the Microdot Technology, to ensure that there are no frivolous or spurious parts exchanges.