DataDot Accreditations, Awards and Affiliations
1. ISO 9001:2008 Certified & SANS 534-1 Approved
- DataDot Technology has been assessed and found to satisfy the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems in respect of the manufacture, supply, fitment and control of Data Dots for vehicle identification purposes and database. View ISO Certificate
- SANS 534-1/VESA ABS 002 - This standard was created by the Motor Vehicle Security Association of South Africa (VESA) upon request of Business Against Crime South Africa supported by stakeholders in vehicle theft prevention initiatives. It was adopted as a South African national standard in terms of the agreement between the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) and VESA.
2. Vehicle Crime Steering Committee
- DataDot Technology's standards are the only vehicle identification protocols to be fully endorsed by the Vehicle Crime Steering Committee
- These protocols provide clients with the security that the functionality of DataDot - from manufacture to fitment - has been carefully evaluated and approved by the Steering Committee members i.e. SAPS, SA Insurance Association, Business Against Crime, SARS (Customs & Excise), Banking Council and others.
3. SAIA Approved
- DataDot has received official approval from the insurance industry early in 2005 through the SA Insurance Association and its SAIA Approved programme
- SAIA Approved ensures that consumers are given service excellence and the best products at all times
- SAIA Approved provides the short term insurance industry in South Africa with its own standards body focusing on products and systems specific to insurers
- Link: http://www.saia.co.za/
4. South African Insurance Crime Bureau (SAICB)
The South African Insurance Crime Bureau (SAICB) has been in existence for just over a year, and has in this time, already established itself as the go to organisation in the fight against insurance fraud and related crimes.
The main focus of the SAICB is to address organised fraud and crime in the short term insurance industry. The SAICB will also investigate repeat offenders, and fraudsters that target multiple insurance companies. We will not be replacing the internal fraud investigation units of the insurance companies but will be looking at fraud and crime being committed across the industry, and affecting multiple companies.
But this cannot be done in isolation as the insurance industry shares clients, intermediaries, sometimes service providers, and indeed criminals with other sectors in the financial industry. These industries include the broker fraternity, the life insurance industry, the medical schemes industry, the banks, and others. In fact, the ultimate aim of the SAICB is to create a joint initiative for the whole financial services industry and other related stakeholders, in whatever way is feasible.
The SAICB has 11 member companies, namely: Santam, Mutual & Federal, Hollard, Outsurance, Lion of Africa, Zurich, Standard Insurance, Absa Insurance, Regent, Telesure, and MiWay.
- SAICB Website: http://www.saicb.co.za
5. VESA Approved
- DataDot is fully approved by VESA (Vehicle Security Association of SA)
- VESA Website: http://www.vesa.co.za
- More about VESA and the VESA code of ethics that DataDot subscibes to.
6. RMI (Retail Motor Industry Organisation of South Africa) Associate Member
7. NADA (National Automobile Dealers' Association) Associate Member
8. Tshole-Unicode - Vehicle Information Systems (Pty) Ltd
10. Broad-Based Black Economic Empowered View BEE Verification Certificate
11. What Car? Product Award Winner 2005
- DataDot Technology Ltd has been awarded "Best Product" at the 2005 Security Awards
- What Car? Is the UK's most respected auto magazine. It tests all the major security products each year and discusses their findings with Police and industry experts
- The product (branded "Mighty Dot" in Europe) was named as "having the most potential to slash car crime in the coming years"